.

.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Week 4 - July 1, 2015 Sailors Don't Ask Questions




 My Dearest Readers,

 Cannot believe I've been serving a mission for a month now. How crazy is that? 
We didn't see the prophet or any apostles. We were convinced at least one would talk to us 
since so many would be here anyway. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to trust in the Lord's timing. 
Cectpa Foote and I are just praying to have an apostle talk to us at least once our MTC stay. 
It stunk since we just missed Elder Holland and Elder Christofferson two weeks 
before we came here to the MTC. 
My beautiful cectii

So we had one of the new mission presidents teach us a lesson on Thursday and Friday. 
We were combining with another class. . . of Spanish speaking missionaries. 
The mission president came and could ONLY speak Spanish. 
It's safe to say we Russian speakers were thoroughly confused. I just laughed to myself. 
Luckily Spanish is close to English, and we had a translator. 

Candid photo of us and our Chinese pengyou (friends) 

It was amazing to see the impact the church has had worldwide. 
President Laboriel was so passionate 
about the gospel. He inspired me to just get out there and share the gospel with all my might. 
On Friday a general authority of the Seventy sat in with us, Elder Falabella, I think. 
He told us to ask the right questions and others will know the truth for themselves. 

Cectpa Foote and I got our first investigator to commit to baptism!!!!! 
We are soooooo excited and shocked. She is great. 
Although, now I'm just nervous about preparing her for baptism. I only know how to teach the 
Restoration in Russian! I feel like I'm starting from square one again.
 
Cecpta Foote did my hair 

We are teaching all of our investigators the Plan of Salvation. We have no idea what to say. 
It is so hard. i got a little discouraged, but Cectpa Foote and I have gotten way better about 
not getting down on ourselves. I can definitely be ambitious sometimes. 
I guess it's just not possible to know how to master the Russian language in a month. 
Oh well haha.

I seriously cannot wait to help the people I meet in the next 17 months. 
I've realized that this whole month, I haven't been doing much to help those around me. 
I'm serving a mission, but have i served any people? I'm going to make more of an effort 
to serve my district and friends. Today I made a couple sisters' beds. It's small but it still counts.
 
More love with sister Hullinger at the temple 

Serve others. It will make a difference in your life. 
I love the Book of Mormon. It is incredible. I love to read the scriptures. 
It's nice to know that there are such wonderful people who have walked this earth. 
I love my Savior. He is amazing. He knows each and every one of us. 
I've come to realize that I need His Atonement and grace every waking hour. 
Last week I talked about needing the Atonement. I know that everything I've accomplished 
since being here is due to my Savior. 

Our soon-to-be Taiwan, Taichung bound friends 

Hope is so important. If I didn't have hope to live with God again and see those I love again, 
then I would not be a happy soul. There are so many good scriptures on hope. 
I love 2 Nephi 2 and 2 Nephi 4 and 2 Nephi 9. Such great scriptures. 

I feel like this week wasn't all that exciting haha. Nothing new to share. 
Our teacher taught us a new phrase. "Sailors don't ask questions." 
It was random, but apparently it's a Russian saying. I love my friends here. 
I definitely feel fortunate to know such wonderful people. We all have our struggles. It's okay. 
Heavenly Father puts things in our path, because He knows what we are capable of doing. 
He knows I can teach in Russian. 

The strangers who asked to take a photo with us 

I love you all. Thank you so much for helping me through your letters and emails of encouragement. 
Just one more left then I'll go to the motherland!!! Can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment