.

.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 14 - September 14, 2015 Cycle one- down!


         
            My dearest readers,
 
where do I start? Whelp, I'm staying in Balacova! 
It's actually not bad at all, well except for the fact that my trainer is leaving me!!! 
She is going to Orenburg, which is something she's been wanting to do for over a year now 
(she was "born" there - it was her first area). I'm getting a new trainer in a couple hours. 
Her name is Sister Hansen and I love her to pieces already. 
We served together during splits and just felt so great! I felt like a really missionary haha. 
I know this is going to be a great time! 
She loves the same kind of music as I do and she is always positive. 
She's from Virginia and went to BYU-I. The real challenge about this all is just that fact 
that she's only served in Balacova for a day. So I'll be in charge of planning for all this week. 
And knowing where everything is. 
Man, i'm nervous about taking on more responsibility so early on in my mission, 
but I have to trust in God and remind myself each day that the Lord qualifies those He calls. 
He won't give me any challenge or commandment without providing a was ( see 1 Nephi 3:7). 
Also, Sis Hansen has been in Russia for about 4 1/2 months 
soooo we will both be learning more Russian together hahahaha Wish us luck!!!!!

Fun snippets: Had my first Russian meal from a member, of whom I love very dearly. 
She takes care of us. She bakes the BEST pastries. I die every time. 
Then last night I had borsch for the first time ever. So good! 
I even did as the Russians do and put a little tiny bit of mayo in it ahhaha. 
We baked ginger snaps, chocolate chip cookies, and made fudge this week. 
Cooking and baking is sooo much fun! Only tough because they don't have brown sugar here 
(we used Sis Parlmer's stash she got from Merica for the cookies). 
When I get home I'll be a cooking machine!!!!!

Miracles: Whelp we had a slower week, BUT that doesn't mean we didn't see miracles. 
It was so great, we were walking around looking for this potentials apartment. 
We ask for directions from these two babooshky. 
They tell us for about 5 minutes, until one of them decides to just take us there herself! 
So they two of them walk with us for about half an hour at 7pm! They were HILARIOUS! 
I didn't understand much of their banter but they were so sweet. 
They asked what made our church different so we said that we have prophets today 
and the Book of Mormon. When we got there, one of them gave us a can of tuna, a juice box, 
and this random dairy product from her grocery bag. Then we gave her a BoM. 
She promptly invited us over in the future. Can't wait to meet with her!!!!

One of the things I've been working on has been a turning inward in the sense 
that the only way I can see change around me, is if I become that good change myself. 
So I've been working on the Christlike attributes of humility, gratitude, and hope. 
Through these attributes, paired with patience, 
I can more fully access and appreciate the enabling power of the atonement: grace. 
It's not easy to willingly humble ourselves, but if we do it, 
we will see just how much the Lord has touched our lives. 

Whelp, I've run out of time, but I love you all sooooo much!!!!! 
Being in Russia has helped me really appreciate the blessings I've had in my life. 
I'm meeting soooo many wonderful people here. They are just so strong and tough! 
Yet they love with all their heart! It's awesome how they can still love life and this gospel, 
against all odds! Serve someone today. Make them smile

Much love, 

Cecpta Spam 

No comments:

Post a Comment