.

.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Week 12 - August 31, 2015 My Month - Anniversary in Russia!!!!


                   
             My Dearest Readers,

Wowsers, thank you all so much for all of your support, prayers, love, and emails!! 
I always look forward to each p-day just so that I can talk with all of you! 
You really brighten my week! 

Whelp, it's official. I've been in Russia for about a month. Kind of crazy! 
This Thursday I'll hit my 3 month mark on my mission! 
It's so incredible to think that I've made it this far. 
Really I have felt so blessed and humbled these past few weeks. 

Last weeks we had my first splits! Sisters from Saratov came 
and stayed with us for about 3 days. 
I worked with a sister on her 3rd cycle and then the sister training leader. 
It was really cool to work with other sisters for a change. 
We all have our unique teaching and finding skills. Sis. Palmer says that 
I'll soon find out what type of missionary I want to be and what my "thing" is haha. 
She's great. She's been pushing me to do more things outside of my comfort zone. 
I finally got my own little Russian Bible!!! It's seriously soooooooo cute.

It's incredible how much my soul yearns for the hour of personal study each day. 
I don't know how I survived without it before the mission! I'm learning so much each day! 
I actually spent one whole hour just on Words of Mormon 1:7. I was just studying all the footnotes for 7a. 
It was incredible!! I really learned a lot. "I know not all things, but the Lord knoweth all things." 
That is such a comfort to me when I feel discouraged or confused. I may not know everything, 
but I have put my trust in an all-knowing God and Savior. If we just trust 
God that everything will be for our good and learning, 
then it's easier to do the things He asks us to do. Be diligent.

Another great thing that I learned, just today, is that God loves all of His children. 
But, like all things spiritual, there is a greater understanding we can have of this love. 
The fact that He loves all His children is just the fundamental of this powerful love. 
It is only when we obey His commandments, love Him, 
and believe in Christ can show unto us His perfect love. 
I think it's in 1 John 2:3-6. His love is perfected when we follow His word. 
When we love God we enable ourselves to receive the fulness of the blessings 
as a result of God's love. It's really incredible. 
I encourage all of you to study about God's love. 

One of the things I really want to work on while serving this mission is how to enjoy each day. 
I need to learn to live in the moment. So many times we miss out on blessings 
or don't see the Lord's hand in our lives because we are too busy 
looking forward to the nest stage in our lives. Or even too busy living in the past. 
While it is good to make plans and look forward or reflect, if we let that take over our thoughts, 
the now is consumed by tomorrow or yesterday. I know that when I learn to do this, 
I will live a more satisfied today, for the rest of my life. 

I love you all sooo much! I pray for you all everyday! 

Much love, 

Cecpta Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment