.

.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Week 23 - November 16, 2015 Stake in Saratov

      My Dearest Readers, 

HURRAH!!!! We did it!!!!
It's been about 25 years since the church was first introduced to the people of Saratov. 
That means for 25 years, members and missionaries alike have been diligently working so that 
there could be a stake in Saratov. What a great blessing it is for me to play a tiny part in this effort. 
I'm lucky enough to partake of the fruits of all these labors. 
These members totally deserve this stake! It's incredible. 
Seeing all of the priesthood leaders be called and sustained was a great experience. 

My favorite part of the whole experience was the bus ride to and from Solnichni.
The church hired a bus to take the members from Balakovo and Marks to the conference.
So many strong members. It was about a 3 hour drive.
I spent most of the time talking to one of the members, Настя.
She's my age and is super tiny ahaha. And super sassy. But luckily we love each other.
It's crazy to think I'm developing the skill to communicate with a whole new nation! Super cool!
We had a good time talking about random things. Then on the way back, Света, her mom,
brought Kolbaca and bread for us to eat afterwards. Within the 3 hours span we were in the meeting,
it had snowed like crazy!!! It was a beautiful winter wonderland!! 

On Friday, we had our Zone Training. It was such a spiritual experience.
There are 24 missionaries in my zone. They are all so great and inspiring.
It started on a note of repentance. Repentance is real. It's the main thing God
and our Savior ask of us.
Have faith and repent and then the kingdom of Heaven is ours for eternity!!
What a marvelous promise!We need to repent everyday. 
Even just having a righteous desire is enough for Christ. Rely on Him!!!!

   Fun Facts:
  - I dyed Sister Hansen's hair. .. . twice.. .. in one day. I felt like I was back at BYU when Whitney
     was the one dying my hair! So that was a fun experience!
  - Ran away from our first drunk guy. No worries, it was in the middle of the day, he was super old,
     and didn't run after us. Don't worry beloved parents haha. I'm safe :]
  - We and the Elders are going to learn how to make Borsche at a member's house today.
     Super stoked!!!! 
  - Elder Dorius, my District Leader, now has the second worst photo of me in existence.
     I fell asleep on the bus ride home. He and this member got a great shot. 
     My mouth was hanging for all flies to settle. Yeah.. . .  

I love you all!!! Stay safe and beautiful!!!

-- 
Much love, 
Cectpa Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment