.

.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 24 - November 23, 2015 Thanksgiving is BEFORE Christmas!


    My dearest readers,

Thank you so much for your love and support each week. 
I appreciate the prayers on behalf of me, my family, and the people I serve. Prayer works! 
Sometimes it just needs time, but an answer will always come!

​Hipster photo of Balakova

This week has been pretty interesting haha. 
We have this great referral from one of our eternal investigators Misha, 
who just recently was drafted in the army, and her name is Enessa. 
She is seriously so incredible! We first met her a couple weeks ago. 
She really wants to learn English so she agreed to meet with the missionaries. 
She knows that we can only teach doctrinal lessons. 
She's very believing and is seriously the sweetest! 
We met last Tuesday at this super hip cafe. 
We weren't able to have the lesson we prepared 
but we were able to build a stronger relationship with her and learn more about her. 
She comes to English Club and is always so nice. She's super cute and is like 6'1". 
We really feel like there is so much potential with her! 
She even agreed to go to our Thanksgiving activity!

On the Volga

So, to finally explain my heading. My dear, sweet, lovely, obedient, 
beautiful companion thinks that it's okay to put up the Christmas tree ON Thanksgiving!!! 
Like after they eat dinner!!!!
 Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas just as much as the other toy elf, 
but I am a firm believer in waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to start decorating. 
The Lord says to every thing there is a time and a season. That goes for holidays, too!!! 
Poor Thanksgiving is the middle child of all holidays. 
I am just a defender for all those who are forgotten. Anywhoo, we are SUPER excited, 
because we are planning a super last-minute Thanksgiving activity for this Saturday. 
We weren't sure they celebrated Thanksgiving here so we didn't bring it up. 
Turns out they do something every year since the missionaries 
(who are a huge part of the branch) are always American haha. 
So we are going to have a spiritual thought, then eat some yummy food, 
then some music. Lol trying to figure out Thanksgiving music.. . .That will be interesting. 

Let it snow!!!

It snowed like crazy on Friday! It was almost up to my knees at some areas. 
It's seriously sooo beautiful. The cold weather is really rubbing off on me. 
Now 50 degrees is like perfect weather. Beanies are great and so are cute booties! 
I mean I still love the beach and California and all. 
It's actually pretty fun to see people's reaction when I tell them I'm California. 
They think it's the coolest thing ever. Sad part is that I've lost my tan completely! 
I feel pretty pale, but Sister Hansen always reminds me 
how much darker I am than most people here lol. 

My first snow angel!

Anywhoo I know this is a pretty long letter, but that's alright. 
I guess what I'd like to share is that I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. 
Just read 3 Nephi 17. It's probably one of the most beautiful chapters recorded 
of Jesus Christ in all the history of the world. 
You just feel the love the people have for our Savior, 
and the love that the Savior has for us. He truly is incredible. 

I love the Lord, I love my family, I love the Russian people, and I love you all!!!

-- 
Much love, 
Cectpa Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment