.

.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 32 - January 18, 2016 Visa Trip!


         My dearest readers, 

Hulloo!!! Whelp I have a lot I would like to write about, but only 15 minutes. 
Let's see how many words per minute I can typo. Don't ask me what mine is in Russian. 
It's something like the degree of the weather right now, which isn't too shabby. 
Maybe in Celsius, which is like -17. sooo you get the point. 

Note to anyone who lives in Russia. 
Do not hang dry your wet scarf outside in your enclosed balcony. 
Your clothes will still freeze hahaha Don't worry it was fine.

Whelp I got my transfer call on Saturday. I will be staying here in Bezzi 
and will be "killing" Sister Mckell. To translate from missionary language to normal people talk, 
it means that this is Sister Mckell's last 6 weeks in Russia, on her mission, so I'll be her last companion. HOLLAH! Honestly, this is a dream come true! I met her my first day here in Russia. She had come up to me that day and said, "Sister, I don't know why, but I just have this feeling 
we're gonna serve together!" 5 months later, and here we are! What a miracle. 
I can't wait to learn so much from her! 
She's actually a member of our future all-girls indie-folk band 
named Борис that Sister Hansen and I are making.

Our last district photo together. . . .
Without Elder Fletcher haha He was out getting food somewhere. 
We'll be saying goodbye to Sister Grishina and Elder Vandermark. 

Speaking of Sister Hansen, I'll be seeing her tonight!! 
We are going on our visa trip together!! 
9 or so hours on a cramped bus together to Kazakstan is going to be the BEST!! 
I miss her soooo much!! Seriously. She's my best friend. I can't wait to be reunited!!! 
Yeah, missionaries are no longer going on 4 different plane rides for visa trips now. 
We are just going to be in a bus with about 13 other missionaries with no bathroom breaks lol. 
YAY! It's okay, at least I got to see Riga just once. That will be tomorrow! 

This is me and sister Palmer, the younger. 
The girl on the right is the mission president's daughter Jenni who served in  Minnesota. 
She is serving here with her parents until they finish in June

Also, there is going to be this special missionary broadcast 
where the 12 apostles will be training all the missionaries world-wide. 
We'll be watching it on Friday morning as a district since the actual broadcast 
is past missionaries' bedtime here in the Motherland. 

Here are the sisters we went on splits with last week. 
Sister Warnick, Sister Wagstaff, and me. Ft. Elder Buck. 


Hmm, I'm trying to figure out something about last week to share, 
or something super spiritual. Honestly, all I can say is that you will definitely have times 
where you don't think you'll see the end. you'll have times where you just feel completely alone. 
And maybe as a missionary, you'll want to go home, 
because when you are home you won't have any problems (not true haha). 
BUT, if you rely on the Lord. If you turn to Him. He will lift you up. Keep praying. 
Keep going. Do your best every day and it will be enough. 
If you have to take it one day at a time, one hour at a time. Then do it. Just keep going! 
I love Elder Dallin H. Oaks' talk in last general conference, 
"Strengthened by the Atonement of Jesus Christ." I recommend everyone read it. 
We can do this! 

Yeahhhh this is after just one hour out morning contacting. . .
yes my hair is frozen, and so is the fur on my jacket. I love Russia. 

I'd like to close with Sister Neill F Marriott in her talk "Yielding Our Hearts to God" 
in general conference, " When we offer our broken heart to Jesus Christ, 
He accepts our offering. He takes us back. No matter what losses, wounds, 
and rejection we have suffered, His grace and healing are mightier than all. 
Truly yoked to the Savior, we can say with confidence, 'It will all work out.'"

-- 
Much love, 
Cectpa Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment