.

.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 31 - January 11 2016 Я не Понедельник . . .


       My dearest readers, 

How are you all doing? Thank you so much for the weekly love and support! 
I really appreciate it! It really is crazy how much time flies. 
Я не понедельник  means "I don't Monday." 
It's a common phrase amongst missionaries. 
It just shows how much we don't know Russian haha. 

It's been a great week. Splits are so much fun! 
You get to work with other sisters and different areas. Penza is a beautiful city. 
It's like a stretched-out small city, if that makes any sense. Their area is huge! 
Makes me appreciate having smaller areas. 
I couldn't imagine navigating around by myself.

 I was able to work with Sister Warnick. She was at BYU the same time I was, 
so we have a lot of things in common. Actually our personalities are pretty similar. 
I could see myself serving with her in the future. On Tuesday, 
we went out contacting for two hours and made a goal to give out 1 KM. 
We went out without much visible success. Just as we were on our way home, 
we contacted this babooshka. I didn't understand exactly what she said, 
but it was something along the lines of being a Muslim and not wanting a brochure. 
So we wished her a happy new year and kept walking. Then after a few seconds 
Sister Warnick turns around. Turns out that same babooshka was calling after us. 
She has a friend whom she wants to give the brochure to. She even took a KM! 
That's the second time this cycle that that's happened to me. 
Even though someone may not be ready to accept the gospel, 
there is always someone they know who is willing to take it. 
It was great to see this babooshka be a missionary for us. Then we had English Club. 
Oh English Club. You have the funniest times there. 
Короче (in short) I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Wednesday I worked with our sister training leader, Sister Wagstaff. 
She's got one more cycle left. She passed on some great wisdom and we had a fun time. 
I love people. You just get to meet the craziest characters on your mission. 

Since I took no photos this week, I took a quick pic of my yummy lunch today!!! 
The powdered sugar thing is filled with peach jelly 
and the other thing is full of meat and rice and onions. I love Russia. 

Zone Training is this week, so that will be a lot of fun! We've got a busy week ahead of us 
and transfers are next week. It will be interesting to see who goes where and what not. 
We are keeping busy here, so that's always nice. 

I love personal study. That hour of study alone really helps me each day. It's my daily bread. 
I can't live without it!!! Today I studied some of 2 Nephi 4. Nephi is seriously one of the greatest people ever. The Lord has been so good to me. I can't let Satan steal this happiness away from me. 
I have to overcome the bad so I can always feel the good. It won't be easy, 
but it's definitely worth it. It you have a chance this week, study it. 

I love you all so much! I love Russia. I love the people. I love the Lord. 
I love the Book of Mormon. We have a prophet today! God speaks to us. 
I know this to be true in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

-- 
Much love, 
Cectpa Graham


No comments:

Post a Comment