.

.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 55 - June 27, 2016 Bears, Beets, Battle Star Galatica


   My Dearest Readers,

Well it has been quite the eventful week! Seriously, each day is full of a surprise. 
Monday after emailing, we went to the super mall. Well in the parking lot 
was this cute little carnival. We called up to the zone leaders and asked if we could 
get permission to go. He immediately shot it down saying there was nooo way 
we'd get permission to go on any rides. Well a few minutes later, 
he calls us back saying we got можно. Hollah! We went to this super scary ride thing, 
then we did the bumper cars. I really missed driving at that time. 
Oh well, I got my whole life to drive haha. 

Us with the bear at a carnival.

​I've never seen a bear cub in real life. 
Now I can say I've seen bears in Russia! 
It was pretty sad though.. ..

The man on the left is from Peru! 
They travel all over Russia performing and selling little trinkets. 
It was epic! He was a big hit hahaha

It was POURING rain this morning. We were drenched when we came to 
the internet cafe and are still wet haha. Also, my cavity filling came out on Friday, 
so we are going to get that fixed tomorrow, maybe in Samara. So wish me luck! 
I'm pretty nervous about a dentist appointment in general, but now in Russia. 
It will be an adventure!

Fun fact: One day when I first came here, we bought bread from 
these two guys in a little shack. They are not from Russia, 
but were super friendly. We even took a selfie with them. 
Fast forward to yesterday. We were sitting on the bus 
and I had to go sit near sister Miller towards the end because 
I didn't have enough change for the fare. There is a man 
who starts laughing and then shows us his phone. . . 
it's a picture of us on his Facebook hahahahaha SOOO FUNNY! 

Welcome to our kitchen! ​

Isn't it beautiful! 
We worked so hard on them yesterday. They were FABULOUS.
Homemade tortillas too!​

Man so many miracles, I can't even write them all. Короче, 
we have met 4 new investigators this week. They are just so great. 
We as missionaries get to learn the real meat of people's lives. 
We hear about the most devastating things, grandsons in comas, daughters dying too soon, 
people living through the darkest times of the world. 
Yet, despite all that sadness and despair, these people are still able to 
wake up in the morning and get to work. As they give us opportunities to share 
the good news of the gospel with them, then we can share how 
God is going to help them through their trials. The Book of Mormon 
truly has the words of God to heal our personal wounds, inside and out. 
The sting of death and the victory of the grave are swallowed up in Christ. 

Preparing the jelloed giraffe​.

The Zone leaders pranked our district leader. 
We think we are the next "Office" cast.​

​A german eating a jelloed giraffe . . .

I love my mission. I love my family. I love the Lord. I love the Book of Mormon. 
I would not have put my life on hold without pay for year and a half 
if I didn't know the eternal truth that God is our loving Heavenly Father. 

Throwback to the dacha which is now forbidden to us 
because it is not in our city limits!

-- 
Much love, 
Cectpa Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment